We have taken steps over the past several years to integrate into our operation use of products, production policies and methods of operation that allow us to shrink our "footprint" on the environment. We don't think it's the basis for a major advertising campaign to tell everyone what we've done--it's just the right thing to do.
Here's how we help the environment:
- Totally paperless and full online ordering
- Complete recycle of all carpeting
- Use only environmentally friendly disposables
- Soy-based ink graphics
- All construction done with environmentally approved panels and shelving
Green Tips for Exhibitors
- Order exhibit supplies early and utilize online ordering systems to eliminate paper waste.
- Consider renting a booth from Carambola or buying materials locally, preventing shipping cost and lowering emissions.
- Rent Carambola carpet which contains recycled content and is also recyclable
- Provide giveaways made of recycled, responsibly grown natural fiber, nontoxic and biodegradable materials. Ensure giveaways are useful, not merely promotional in nature. Electronic giveaways, such as free songs from iTunes, coupons and free online Apps are smart and trendy.
Printing, Recycling and Waste Management
- Encourage less printing and provide more information digitally when it comes to booth literature, fulfilling requests via email and website referrals.
- If you need to print, use a local printer in the city where the show will be held and choose paper that contains at least 50% post-consumer recycled content.
- Participate in the exhibit donation program by providing materials that are eligible for donation to local charities, such as pens, bags and notepads.
Shipping and Transportation
- If you must ship materials, planning out your booth in a timely way to meet shipping deadlines can also help maximize consolidation and cost-savings.
- Set a goal to leave no trace behind by shipping out all booth properties and packing materials and donating extra giveaways thereby minimizing any waste for the show.
- If you are attending another trade show that many of your fellow exhibitors are also participating in, ask us to set up a caravan service to save on fuel emissions--and cost of transportation.
Personnel and Best Practices
- Take advantage of local or regional representatives to staff your booth, rather than bringing staff from far away offices, reducing travel cost.
- Bring Green as part of your company message providing recycling bins in your booth and information on you have done to exhibit in a sustainable way.
These steps can help as we all strive to make smarter and more environmentally sound decisions.